Preparation Time : 35 minutes
Serves : 2
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 – 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 packets dried ramen noodles
- ½ cup corn kernels
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in garlic and ginger and cook for approx. 3 minutes until softened.
- Add in the soy sauce and mirin and stir to combine. Cook for another minute, then add in the stock, cover and bring to boil.
- Remove the lid, and let simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, then add in the mushrooms. Simmer gently for another 10 minutes, and season with salt, to taste.
- Fill another pot with enough water to cover the eggs and bring to the boil. Gently lower the eggs into the pot and simmer for 7 minutes. Once cooked, transfer the eggs into a large bowl filled with ice water. Keep eggs submerged in the bowl for at least 5 minutes or until cool enough to peel away the shell. Once peeled, slice in half, length-wise and set aside.
- Cook the ramen noodles in boiling water for 2 – 3 minutes.
- To assemble, divide the noodles into two large bowls. Add in the sliced chicken, mushrooms and broth. Top with spring onion, corn and a soft-boiled egg.
Note: For an even quicker option, buy a cooked chicken roast.
Recipe by : A Better Choice
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.