Check if your postcode falls within our delivery area
- A member of the onion family.
- Basically an immature onion.
- Long slender dark green stalks.
- Small white bulb at base.
- Fine cream/white roots at the base.
The spring onion is believed to have originated in the Far East. Chives and spring onion are recorded in Chinese history from 2000BC.
Spring onions are most often used in tandem with coriander as a garnish for soups and steamed dishes. They are a traditional component or Peking duck and are used in Northern Thai and Lao salads.
Out of stock