Time : 25 minutes
- 1 cup walnuts + extra to serve
- 1 ½ cups peas, blanched and refreshed
- 3 tsp dried mixed herbs
- ¾ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup olive oil
- 400g orecchiette (or pasta of your choice)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place walnuts, peas, dried herbs, parmesan, garlic, lemon juice and 1 cup olive oil in a blender, and blend until a paste has formed. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- Cook pasta of your choice in a pot of boiling salted water according to packet directions. Once al dente, drain, reserving 2/3 cup of the cooking water.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta to the pesto, then add the reserved cooking water. Stir to coat, then divide the pasta between bowls. Top with extra chopped walnuts to serve and enjoy!
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.