Moreish and easy to make, we love our Cheesy Mushroom Pie for a buttery, flavourful dish served on its own or as an entree or side. 🍄
Mushrooms are the star of the show, complimented by red onion and fresh dill with a generous helping of cheese to bring the dish to life.
- 500 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, then add the mushrooms and garlic then cook over medium high heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through and liquid has disappeared. Set aside and let filling cool.
- Lay out puff pastry. Add mushroom mixture and grated cheese to the centre of the pastry sheet. Leave a 2cm edge around the outside. Place the other puff pastry sheet on top.
- Trim the edges and use a fork to crimp the edges. Brush the pastry with egg wash and cut steam holes in a pretty pattern. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place on a lined backing tray and cook in a 180 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
This recipe by A Better Choice !
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.