Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Serves : 3-4
- 2 ripe avocados, peel and pits removed
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate pieces, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup agave syrup
- 1⁄4 cup non-dairy milk (such as almond or cashew)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. To a food processor, add the avocados, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, agave syrup, non- dairy milk, vanilla and salt. Blend until smooth, making sure to stop the machine periodically to scrape down the sides.
2. Portion the avocado mousse into small glasses and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Just before serving, top with chopped pistachios & blueberries.
Notes: Chocolate avocado mousse is best served fresh as the avocados will start to lose their moisture if they sit longer than an hour. Maple syrup or honey could be used in equal measure for agave syrup.
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.