Preparation Time : 1 hour
Serves : 4
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, thickly sliced
- 300g white potatoes, quartered
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 4 tbsp green curry paste
- 400g can coconut milk
- 200-300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 100g baby spinach
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 3 limes (2 juiced and 1 sliced into wedges, to serve)
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Fresh coriander and/or Thai basil, to serve
- Cooked jasmine rice, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C fan-forced. Put the oil in a deep dish (about 30 x 30cm). Add in the shallots, potatoes, and lemongrass. Roast for 10 mins or until fragrant, ensuring the shallots don’t burn.
- Once done, remove the dish from the oven and stir in the curry paste, coating everything. Return dish to the oven for 2 mins until its fragrant. Next, add in the coconut milk and 200ml vegetable stock. Place dish back in the oven again for 15-20 mins until the sauce has thickened slightly, and the potatoes are just tender.
- Season to taste with the fish sauce and sugar, then stir through the zucchini ribbons and spinach. If you find the sauce is too thick, add another 50-100ml of vegetable stock, remembering that the zucchini will release some water as well.
- Nestle the salmon fillets into the sauce and bake for a further 10-15 mins or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Add the lime juice and taste. You want a perfect balance of sweet and sour. Adjust the seasoning by adding more lime juice, fish sauce and salt and pepper, if necessary. Scatter over the spring onions, if using, along with the fresh coriander and/or Thai basil, and the lime wedges. You’re welcome to serve on a bed of steamed jasmine rice if you like!
Recipe by : A Better Choice
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.