“Don’t be afraid to crank your oven right up high to get that broccoli charred and cooked to perfection. The flavour intensifies and it becomes rich, naturally sweet, and so delicious. It’s a great way to use up the whole broccoli with zero waste. The Stalk holds so much flavour and nutrition and is perfect roasted like this.”
This recipe was made in collaboration with our friend Tom Walton
Prep time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1-2 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds, roughly crushed
- 1/3 cup shallots/spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat an oven to 240C and line a tray with baking paper
- Place the broccoli onto the baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil, season well with salt and pepper and gently toss.
- Roast for 15 minutes until lightly charred and the stalk softened.
- Meanwhile, combine the tahini sauce ingredients with ¼ cup or so of water to make it a thick pouring consistency.
- Transfer the cooked broccoli to a platter, squeeze over some lemon and spoon over the sauce, making sure it hits all the parts of the broccoli so the nuts and herbs all stick to it!
- Scatter over the almonds, shallots, sesame seeds and another squeeze of lemon if you please!
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.