Satisfyingly crunchy Hasselback potatoes offer a perfect platform for all sorts of saucy, cheesy goodness. We’ve paired them with a classic Leek, Bacon and Cheese combination that never disappoints. These make an impressive side for when you are having dinner guests, or even a more-ish lunch when you are in the mood for something special.
Preparation time : 1 hour
Serves : 4 as a side
- 4 medium sized potatoes (Best roasting varieties including Dutch Cream, Desiree are suitable)
- 1 leek (white part only)
- ½ cup Diced Bacon
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ tbsp Butter
- ½ tbsp finely sliced chives
- salt and pepper
- Olive Oil spray
- Wash and dry leek. Thoroughly wash and dry potatoes (cut out any large eyes but keep the skin on). Slice the whites of the leeks into 2-3 mm slices.
- Cut potatoes by placing them between two wooden spoon handles (this will stop you from cutting all the way through the potato). Using a sharp knife, Cut 2 – 3mm thin slices horizontally across the potato stopping at the spoon handles.
- Spray or baste with olive oil, allowing oil to penetrate slices, and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Turn the Air-fryer to 180C and cook potatoes for 20-30 minutes until brown and crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a small cold frypan and turn on to medium heat, cook until bacon crisps up. Add butter to the bacon to melt and remove the bacon from the pan, retain bacon-infused butter.
- Over medium heat cook leek in the butter until soft and translucent and set aside
- Remove potatoes from Air-fryer once done, gently spread the potato slices and stuff them with leek and cheese. Sprinkle extra cheese on top and return to the air-fryer.
- Fry for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melting and bubbling.
- Remove from Air-fryer and sprinkle with bacon and sliced chives.
Recipe by A Better Choice
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.