A quick, easy and scrumptious one-bowl salad, meet this showstopping side-dish that could even star as a main event. This salad brings together the earthy flavours of Beetroot with the sweetness of Figs, and some spice thrown in for good measure.
Preparation time : 1 hour
Serves : 2-4
- 3 large beetroots
- 4 fresh figs
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Harissa Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 bunch of Parsley, chopped
- Flake salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Wrap the beets in foil and place them into the oven for 40min or until a skewer easily goes all the way through the beet.
- Remove from the oven and let the beet cool down in the foil in the fridge
- Once cool peel the beet skin off and cut the root and top off.
- Cut the beetroots into rough 4cm pieces and place into a mixing bowl
- For the dressing mix the yoghurt, Harissa, Dijon and lemon together.
- Toss the beetroots in the dressing and season to taste.
- Top with freshly cut figs and parsley.
Note: The beetroots can be roasted the day before
This recipe by A Better Choice ! (Luke Croston).
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.