Timing : 50 minutes
- 1 bunch baby beetroot, trimmed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 heaped tbs olive oil
- 225g halloumi, sliced
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- Half a can chickpeas, drained
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C. Thoroughly wash beetroot and pat dry. Wrap each beetroot in foil and place them all onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 40 – 45 mins or until tender. Allow beetroot to cool enough so you can handle them.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the orange juice, honey and white wine vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Peel the beetroot (Note: beetroot juices may stain your hands so wear gloves if desired). Cut each beetroot into quarters and place in a large bowl. Toss through the cumin and oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat ½ tbs olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sliced halloumi and cook, turning, for 3 mins, or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Place the parsley, mint, chickpeas, beetroot, halloumi and orange segments onto a serving plate. Drizzle over the dressing and serve!
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.