Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch silverbeet, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup polenta
- ¾ cup finely grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Heat oil in a large frypan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins or until softened. Then add the garlic and cook for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Next, add the silverbeet and ½ cup of chicken stock. Cook for 5 mins, or until the silverbeet has wilted.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining chicken stock, milk and water in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Bring contents to a simmer, then gradually add in the polenta in a slow, steady stream, stirring constantly until well combined. Cook, stirring, for 8 mins or until the polenta is smooth and thick. Once ready, remove from heat and stir in the grated parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the polenta to a serving dish, then top with the silverbeet mixture. Sprinkle over the pine nuts and grate over some extra parmesan. Enjoy!
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.