A spectacular way to start the week is crepes topped with an papaya and passionfruit glaze, cream fraiche flavoured with vanilla, and crunchy hazelnuts.
Time : 50 Minutes
Serves : 4
- 4 passionfruit
- 1 papaya
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 50g butter, melted
- 250g creme fraiche
- 100g hazelnuts, roasted, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Mix flour with a little salt in a big bowl to make the crepes. Create a well in the centre, add the eggs and vanilla extract, then gently whisk in the milk until smooth. The mixture should have the consistency of very runny cream (add more milk if necessary). You might also whiz in a food processor. If so, fill the jug with batter, cover it, and let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- To make passionfruit glaze, add the pulp of 4 passionfruit and 1/2 cup of sugar to a small pot. Place on a stove at medium heat and combine all ingredients, stirring slowly. Bring the mixture to boil, then turn down the heat so the mixture is bubbling slightly and continue to stir. The mixture is ready when a spoon is pulled out of the mixture and doesn’t slide off the back.
- Cut 1 papaya as desired (we prefer in long slices) and set aside
- Grease a 16 cm crepe pan with a little melted butter and heat over medium heat. Pour just enough batter into the pan to cover the bottom, then swirl it to coat it completely. Cook for one minute, then turn over and cook for an additional 30 seconds, or until golden. Make 12 crepes by repeating with the remaining batter and butter.
- Plate up by adding a small amount of creme fraiche and passionfruit glaze into the middle of the folded crepes and arrange papaya on top of the folded crepes as shown.
- Drizzle more passionfruit glaze atop all of the crepes and scatter hazelnuts around the plate and serve!
This recipe by A Better Choice !
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.