Preparation: 1 hour 10 minutes
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup carrot, sliced
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 5 cups potatoes, peeled and grated
- 5 cups broccoli, chopped into bite-size pieces
- ¾ tsp each salt & pepper + more to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 200C, and lightly grease a 20x30cm baking dish.
- Soak the cashews and sliced carrots in very hot water for 20 mins. Once done, drain the water and add both to a blender.
- Meanwhile, grate your potatoes, then squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Add the grated potatoes, chopped broccoli, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast to the prepared baking dish. Toss to combine.
- To the blender, add your garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, and milk, blending mixture until smooth. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Next, pour the sauce over the potatoes and broccoli, tossing to combine. Use the back of a spoon to smooth sauce over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 mins or until the top is golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.