This Carrot and Orange soup is a great way to use up those bulk bags of carrots and oranges. The sweetness of sauteed onions and carrots combined with a little zing of orange will keep you dipping in your bread for more. Delicious, healthy and filling this is the perfect weeknight dinner. Not only is it easy to cook but also required minimal clean-up, what could be better than that?!
Preparation time : 40 minutes
Serves : 4
- 25g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 500g carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1 orange, juiced and ½ zested
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- ½ cup sour cream, to serve (optional)
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- Heat the butter in a large pan then add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the carrots and orange zest and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes then pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer then cook for 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are completely tender.
- Use a stick blender to whizz until smooth then stir in the orange juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in some sour cream and sprinkle over the chopped parsley.
- Serve with bread of your choice.
Recipe by A Better Choice
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.