Preparation/ Cooking : 1 hour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 110g dark chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 3 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line the base of a 9-inch round springform pan.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to combine.
- In a microwave, melt the butter and dark chocolate in a small bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring.
- Transfer the melted mixture to a large bowl, then add the white sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat for a couple of minutes until the mixture is light in colour. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, then continue beating to combine the mixture.
- Alternating, add in the flour mixture then milk, in two batches.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and top the cake batter with the sliced pears.
- Bake the cake for around 45 mins or until a toothpick comes out almost entirely clean.
- Once cooked, allow the cake to cool in the pan. Once cool, remove from the pan and slice to serve.
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.