Preparation: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl or jar, combine the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, maple syrup (or honey). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat a small frypan over a medium to high heat. Add the chopped pecans and maple syrup and cook for 5 mins or until the maple syrup has evaporated and the nuts are coated. Ensure you stir often so the nuts don’t burn.
- Place the dressing in the centre of the platter in a small bowl or ramekin. Arrange the spinach around the bowl so that it resembles a Christmas wreath.
- Arrange the pear slices, pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries, and pecans on top of the spinach. Then crumble the feta cheese over the top.
- To serve, divide the salad onto individual serving plates and allow your guests to drizzle over their desired amount of dressing.