- 2 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 3 tbs brown sugar, plus additional for sprinkling on top
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 5 tbs unsalted butter, cold
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 220C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Slice the butter and add into the dry ingredients. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in the blueberries and lemon zest, stirring through gently. Then stir in the yoghurt and milk and mix until the mixture forms a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Note: If the mixture is too sticky to handle, add more flour.
- Form dough into a circle that’s approx. an inch thick. Cut the circle into 8 slices. Separate the slices and place them onto the prepared baking tray spaced apart.
- Sprinkle the tops of the scones with a bit of additional brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins or until golden brown.
SHOP RECIPE INGREDIENTS HERE http://zonefresh.com.au/