A classic dessert, who can resist a slice of moist and tangy Lemon Drizzle Cake?! ?
This five-ingredient recipe is simple to make and oh-so-tasty. Serve with a hot cup of tea and you’ve got yourself an afternoon treat Grandma would be proud of! ?
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hour
Serves : 6
- 5 lemons
- 300g self-rising flour
- 200g sugar
- 150ml oil
- 2 eggs
- 100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl mix together the self-rising flour and sugar.
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients: eggs, oil, zest of 2 lemons and the juice of 3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a lined loaf tin gently pour in the batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until skewer comes away clean. Remove from oven and leave to cool
- To make the drizzle: mix together icing sugar and the juice of half a lemon. Once the cake is ready to serve thinly slice the remaining lemon and add to the top of the cake. Drizzle over the icing sugar mixer. Add extra lemon zest
- Enjoy with a cup of tea.
Recipe by A Better Choice
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.