You can bake them into a loaf of bread, mix them into a pancake batter, freeze them and cover them in chocolate or make them into ice cream, you can even blend them up into a smoothie…. Is there anything you can’t do with bananas?!
There’s never an excuse to throw away a leftover banana, now even less so with this easy and delicious pan-fried banana recipe. Serve them with a side of coconut yoghurt as we have for a sweet and warm brunch addition or serve them on top of some good quality ice cream to really up your dessert game.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4
- 4 ripe but firm bananas, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 Flaked almonds
- Coconut yoghurt to serve (or other yoghurt of your choice)
- Over medium heat, melt coconut oil and honey in a medium frypan. Add cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Place sliced bananas in the frypan and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side. Be sure to watch bananas as they caramelize to ensure they don’t brown too much.
- Remove the pan from the heat and remove the bananas from the pan.
- Allow the bananas to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add almond flakes to a small cold pan and put on medium-low heat to toast, watch them carefully and stir continuously until they begin to colour lightly. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Layer bananas in a bowl with yoghurt and sprinkle with toasted almond flakes.
Recipe by A Better Choice
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.