Time : 30 minutes
Serves: 3- 4
- 2 medium broccoli heads
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Zest of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 240°C with a rack in the centre of the oven.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Trim any tough ends of the broccoli heads, leaving around 5cm of stalk intact.
- Slice the broccoli into 1cm thick steaks, starting in the centre of each broccoli head and working your way out to the edges. Note: To prevent waste, reserve any florets that fall off for roasting.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, and chilli flakes. Gently toss the broccoli steaks in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Next, arrange the broccoli steaks, cut-side down, on the lined baking tray, then sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in the oven for 10-12 mins. Once done, remove the tray from the oven, flip the broccoli steaks over, and sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top. Roast for an additional 8-10 mins, or until the broccoli is fork tender, and the sliced almonds are golden brown.
- To serve, transfer the broccoli steaks to a platter, toss gently in the lemon juice, then top with the grated parmesan cheese. Garnish with the fresh lemon zest, then serve immediately.
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.