- 500g linguine, fresh or dried
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs butter
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Pick off a few fronds of fennel and finely chop them, then set aside. Discard the fennel stems. Halve and core the fennel bulb, then slice into thin strips. Place the sliced fennel onto the prepared baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place tray into the oven and roast for around 20 mins, tossing a couple of times, until the fennel is tender and golden.
- While the fennel is roasting, combine the ricotta with the juice of 1 lemon, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over a medium heat. Add in the minced garlic, shallots and half the parsley. Cook until mixture is fragrant and softened. Add in the breadcrumbs and cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the lemon zest, juice of the remaining lemon, 1 cup of water, and 3 tbs olive oil. Stir over a high heat, until sauce is bubbling, then remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce. Add in the roasted fennel, finely chopped fennel fronds and reserved cooking water.
- Cook on medium-high, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is well coated in the sauce, then remove the pan from the heat.
- To serve, divide pasta between serving bowls, then top with the breadcrumb mixture, a dollop of the ricotta mixture, and the remaining parsley. Enjoy!
SHOP RECIPE INGREDIENTS HERE https://zonefresh.com.au/