Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 16 mini Skewers
- 1 rockmelon, scooped out with a melon baller
- 170g sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 220g container mini bocconcini
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp each of salt, pepper and chilli flakes
- To make the skewers, place the rockmelon balls, bocconcini, basil leaves and prosciutto pieces onto the skewers. You can do this in whatever order you’d like!
- To make the mint pesto, pulse the mint, basil, lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until a breadcrumb like consistency is reached, then gradually pour in the olive oil. If the pesto is too thick, add a bit more olive oil. Next, add the salt, pepper, and chilli flakes, then blend again. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- To serve, place the skewers onto a serving platter and drizzle over the mint pesto. Enjoy!