This versatile vegetable salad makes a perfect healthy side for a summer barbeque meal or a fresh yet filling lunch option (top it with some poached chicken if you like). The crisp snow peas and mild earthy broccolini paired with fresh zingy herbs and creamy lemony avocado dressing are a fabulous combination.
If you have extra Avocados it might be worth making a double batch, this dressing also goes great with grilled meat, especially fish. Leave the dressing mixture a bit thicker and serve with cucumber and carrot batons for an easy dip.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
- 300g snowpeas
- 2 bunches of broccolini
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted macadamia nut halves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cloves of avocado minced
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Trim and wash the snowpeas and broccolini.
- Wash the herbs and separate 1/4 cup of coriander leaves.
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Combine avocado, oil, lemon juice, coriander, salt and pepper in a blender & pulse until smooth. If the dressing is too thick to pour, add a little water bit by bit until the dressing is the right consistency
- Prepare an ice bath by adding ice to a large bowl of water.
- Add the broccoli to the boiling water, after 2 minutes add the snowpeas and blanche for 1 additional minute.
- Immediately drain vegetables & add to the ice bath, this will stop them from overcooking & allow them to stay crisp.
- Drain the cooled vegetables and add them to a salad bowl, toss with mint leaves and remaining coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle over the macadamia nuts and drizzle with the avocado dressing.
Recipe by A Better Choice
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.