Preparation: 40 minutes
- 4 bacon slices, diced
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat. Note: Cast iron pans are perfect for this dish.
- Add the bacon pieces and cook until golden and crispy. Once cooked, place the bacon on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add the onion and red capsicum to the pan and cook for 1-2 mins to soften.
- Then add in the sweet potato and spices to the pan. Cook for 10-12 mins, stirring regularly. Place a lid on the pan for the last 5 mins of cook time to soften the sweet potato until it is easily pierced with a fork.
- Add the bacon back into the pan along with the chopped kale, stirring for an additional 1-2 mins or until the kale has wilted.
- Using a spatula, create 4 wells in the hash mixture.
- Crack an egg into each well and cook the eggs to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper, then remove the sweet potato hash from the heat. Top with the spring onion and serve immediately.
Shop for ingredients at Zone Fresh In-Store or Shop Online HERE