Timing : 1 hour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice
- 1 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, grated or spiralized
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts, optional
- ⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1-2 tbsp hot water
- Preheat the oven to 215C and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce and Sriracha. Next, add the chicken breasts, tossing to combine. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins or overnight to allow the marinade flavours to develop.
- Place the coated chicken breasts onto the lined tray and bake for 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Once done, remove tray from the oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 mins before slicing.
- Meanwhile, prepare the jasmine rice according to packet directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients using a whisk. Note: Add one tablespoon of water at a time, adding more if necessary.
- Serve the sliced chicken on top of a bed of rice, topping with the cabbage, carrots, coriander, and peanuts (if using). Drizzle with the satay sauce, then serve! Or keep in containers for meal prepped lunches. Note: Keep the satay sauce separate. Only pour over when ready to eat.
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.