Preparation: 60 minutes
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 onion, cut in half and thinly sliced, crosswise
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Vietnamese mint
- 1 tablespoon shredded mint leaves
- 2 shiso leaves shredded
- 1/2 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fried peanuts
- 1 tablespoon crisp fried shallots
- Poach chicken in some salted water until just cooked through. Drain, remove skin and set aside to cool.
- Mix the vinegar with the salt, pepper and sugar and marinate the sliced onion in this mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Pull the cooled chicken into shreds with your fingers and mix with the cucumber and carrot. Add the marinated onion slices together with their juice and the fish sauce. Add the shredded herbs, chilli and peanuts tossing to combine. Garnish with the crisp fried shallots.
- Serve with some freshly fried prawn crackers if desired.
Find ingredients at Zone Fresh In-Store or Shop Online HERE