Preparation: 35 minutes
- 1 tbs plain flour
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 200g penne pasta
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- ½ cup low-fat grated cheese
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, then cook pasta until al dente. Add the peas in the last 2 mins of cook time. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute to create a paste, then gradually pour in the milk, mixing with a whisk to remove all lumps. Cook the sauce for 3 mins or until the sauce has thickened.
- Once the sauce is thick, add the grated cheese, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta, peas and grated zucchini. Stir to combine and transfer to a large baking dish.
- Evenly top with the cauliflower florets, breadcrumbs, parmesan, and parsley. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the cauliflower is golden and crunchy.
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.