Preparation & Cooking time: 20 mins
- 4 Pieces of Sashimi Grade Ocean trout – Shop Now
- 100 gm Dukkah (Gourmet Spice Blend Australian Bush Dukkah or Pukara Estate Cashew and Roast Onion Dukkah are recommended)
- 100 gm Panko Crumbs
- Olive oil
- Lemon pepper
- Take Fresh Sushimi-Grade Ocean trout and cut to size of portion to be served.
- Remove skin and rub the surface with olive oil.
- Season both sides of the fillet with Lemon pepper and salt to taste (Start light if the Dukkah used is salty).
- Place the fillets into the air fryer basket outside the machine so you don’t have to transfer them after applying the crust.
- Take a bowl and add Dukkah and Panko crumbs in equal amounts to make the crust.
- Using a spoon carefully coat the upper surface of the trout with a layer of the crust mix – (Preferred to use the side from which the skin was removed)
- Once you have the desired layer of crust, using spray olive oil, gently coat the crust without blowing it off the fish.
- Place the trout in the fryer at 185 degrees C for 10-15min until the crust is brown. (Preferred to have the trout internal temperature at 54 before removing from the fryer but the fish will certainly tolerate higher temperatures.
- Serve for breakfast on hash brown and avocado smash or as dinner with fennel and pear salad.
Find Huon Fresh Ocean Trout at Zone Fresh In-Store or Shop Online HERE