Preparation: 45 minutes
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin and ground turmeric
- ½ tsp each ground coriander and paprika
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 small mangoes, diced
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 275ml coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander and red chilli, to serve
- Heat a large frypan over a medium heat. Add the desiccated coconut and dried spices to the pan, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins until fragrant.
- Once done, transfer mixture to a food processor and blitz until the coconut is finely chopped. Add the tomato paste and 1 tbsp vegetable oil, then process until a paste forms.
- Transfer the curry paste to a bowl. Next, add half the diced mango to the food processor and blitz until smooth, then set aside.
- Heat half the remaining oil in the pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 mins or until sealed and browned. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate once done.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then add the remaining oil to the pan. Next, add in the onion and cook for 3-4 mins or until the onions have softened. Add the capsicum, ginger and garlic, cooking for 2 mins.
- Add in the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 mins until fragrant. Stir in the coconut milk, chicken stock and pureed mango. Then, return the chicken to the pan and increase the heat to medium-high. Bring contents to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Partially covered, simmer for 8-10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through, and the sauce has thickened.
- To serve, place cooked rice in serving bowls, then divide the curry between the bowls. Top with freshly sliced chilli, coriander and remaining diced mango. Enjoy!
Shop for your ingredients in-store or online.