Preparation: 30 mins
Serves: 4 – 6 (as a side)
- 75g blanched almonds
- 85g mint
- 30g parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 punnets strawberries
- 1 medium sized burrata
- 1 small handful mint
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- To make your mint pesto, toast the almonds in a small frying pan over a medium heat for 3-4 mins, stirring regularly. Note: They should be a couple of shades darker and have a nutty smell. Once done, tip them onto a plate to cool. Once cooled, blitz them in a food processor until they’re finely ground.
- Pick the leaves from the mint and add to the food processor. Roughly chop the parsley leaves, then add to the food processor with the garlic. Pulse until roughly chopped. Add the olive oil and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Blitz once again to form a smooth paste, adding a touch of cold water to help it combine if necessary.
- To prepare the salad, cut up your strawberries into bite-sized slices or pieces and arrange on a serving platter.
- Tear your burrata into pieces and scatter over the strawberries.
- Sprinkle over some mint leaves and the pine nuts.
- Drizzle with mint pesto, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine, or serve as-is.
Shop for ingredients at Zone Fresh