Preparation: 30 – 40 mins
Serves: 6 – 8
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, cubed
- ½ onion, diced
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 400ml freshly roasted, or tinned tomatoes
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups water
- In a large pot on the stove, heat oil, then add in the garlic, onion, turmeric and jalapeno. Sauté until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Add in the sweet potatoes and cook until brown and fragrant.
- Next add your tomatoes, coconut milk, water, and fresh peanuts. Let this simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add in peanut butter and fresh kale. Wilt the kale and stir in well to combine. Simmer until the soup is thick and creamy.
- To serve, dish up soup into individual bowls and top with more peanuts and fresh coriander, if desired. You could also serve with some bread too!
Shop for ingredients at Zone Fresh In-Store or Shop Online HERE